Inspired by the Beloved ﷺ
A Professional and Spiritual Retreat for Muslim Chaplains and Social Workers
75 Queen’s Park Crescent, Toronto, Ontario, M5S 1K7
Room 119 (first floor, lecture hall across from the main offices)
Saturday, November 16, 9-5pm
- Your local Muslim chaplains and social workers
- To discuss and reflect with greater self-awareness upon how our spirituality both impacts and is impacted by our professional practice.
- To engage , support, promote dialogue and garner feedback from peers for the further integration of personal, spiritual, and professional characteristics within our spiritual care and social work practice.
- To further develop our ability to make optimum use of the Islamic religious heritage, our own personal spiritual formation, and knowledge of psychological and social sciences in our spiritual care and social work; including sensitivity to multifaith and multicultural issues.
- To further develop personal and professional relationships with Muslim spiritual care and social work professionals and volunteers in our local and surrounding areas.
- Case studies presented for discussion and professional and spiritual reflection
- Group discussion on ethical and spiritual tensions related to our practice and personal faith
- Exploration of methods for self-care and the problem of compassion fatigue
- Group reflections upon the spiritual significance of our professions
Discussion on the impact of the new College of Registered Psychotherapists of Ontario (CRPO) on our practice.
Registration: $25 (includes lunch)
Seating will be limited. Registration is non-refundable.
This is an inclusive event, open to both men and women who work and/or volunteer as Muslim chaplains and social workers.
For further information about this retreat: