New Book Release by the Canadian Multifaith Federation.
Multifaith Perspectives in Spiritual & Religious Care: Change, Challenge and Transformation
The book presents a comprehensive range of original chapters written by scholars and
practitioners on the topics of spiritual and religious care, chaplaincy, and integrating related theories and practices in various sectors. This single volume has five extensive sections useful not only as a central guide for spiritual and religious care practitioners, but also as a training resource and reference for caregiving practitioners in related fields.
- 78 original and ground-breaking chapters
- 52 additional chapters revised with new or reprinted content
- 10 types or sectors Spiritual and Religious Care represented
- Forewords by Elaine Nagy, President Canadian Association for Spiritual Care/Association Canadienne de Soins Spirituels (CASC/ACSS), & Rabbi Ron Weiss, Director of Chaplaincy Services, Jewish and Family Services (JF&CS).
About My Chapter:
- Title: Integrating Islamic Spiritual and Cultural Care Professionals in Clinical Settings
- Ibrahim J. Long, MA, GC
- Nazila Isgandarova, PhD, DMin, MSW
- Amber Haque, PhD.
- Description: Muslim chaplaincy services are offered in a growing number of North American healthcare, correctional, military, and educational institutions. However, many clinicians remain unaware of how Muslim chaplains can complement and enhance their clinical treatment and wellness goals for Muslim patients and clients. This chapter introduces this emerging profession; encouraging clinics and clinicians to integrate Muslim chaplains and other Islamic spiritual and cultural care professionals into their clinical services.
Early Reviews of Book:
“This important volume provides powerful testimony to the richly textured multifaith tapestry of tradition and practice…” – Rev. Dr. Michael J. Pryse, Bishop, Eastern Synod, Evangelical Lutheran Church in Canada, Kitchener, ON.
“[A] must read for students, scholars, historians and the like…” – Harold Koenig, Professor of Psychiatry & Behavioral Sciences, Duke Univ., Medical Center, Durham, NC.
“The wide array of topics presented in informative chapters, will be a great resource..” – Richard C. Singleton. Provost and Vice Chancellor of Queen’s College Faculty of Theology (former Director of Pastoral Care and Ethics, Eastern Health, NL.).
- Release date: January 15, 2020;
- Regular Price: $49.00 + Shipping/handling;
- Discounts available for (1) Pre-Release Orders, and (2) Bulk Orders
For a sample preview of the book, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with the subjecting heading: book description.
For inquiries or ordering, please contact: Canadian Multifaith Federation at 416-422-1490 or online at email@example.com (www.cmfsrc.ca)